CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ouchy Heart


Firstly,I cannot take credit for the title of this piece.I can always count on Brennan to make light of something seemingly depressing haha.So thank you Brennan for the title "Ouchy Heart".I don't know what to really say about this piece except that I do like how it has a very traditional look to it and I've always been a fan of traditional artwork and tattoos,however, lacking the skills in watercolor,I've never been able to accomplish anything remotely close.I'd like to think I kinda got the look I wanted from this one finally,or at least I'm on the right track.I know,I know,who doesn't have an obsession with human hearts these days?Seems to be yet another stupid trend that I will ignore and not compromise my love for anatomy that I've had since I was about 13.Yes,I was that weird girl reading gray's anatomy of the human body in high school.Fancy that,it's not just a stupid T.V. show,get into it.The human heart is fascinating to me.All in one shot you can feel overwhelming love and happiness to the core of it then on the total opposite side of the spectrum feel tremendous pain and emptiness as if a hole has been drilled into it.If no one knows what I'm talking about,then I feel bad for you.I love having the ability to literally feel my emotions in my heart like that.So there you have it..why the human heart is such a big obsession of mine and why it has ended up in multiple pieces of my art.Enjoy xo

0 comments: