I haven't updated this in forever and I have to start keeping up with this and not let life get in the way.
ANYWAY I went through one of my crazy painting phases back in May.The phase where I finish as many paintings as I can before losing inspiration.This was just a Quick 2 hour 8X10 for myself(acrylic on canvas board)I made this to go in my bedroom and match my bedspread.Such a chick thing to do haha.I never gave it a title, but what came to mind when I posted it was this"All the 11:11 wishes and all the dandelion blown kisses didn't make a bit of difference,but I'll never stop wishing..."
The next one...well seriously.. at this point do I need to tell anyone who actually reads this that I'm obsessed with robots?I mean it should be quite obvious looking at alot of my past work and the tattoos on my hands for that matter.Buuut um robots are cooler than most people so that's all I really have to say about that haha.Originally,this was titled "Sorry... Wrong Trajectory",but then one of my really good friends(Hi Johnny!) left me a comment under it that was way cooler.Therefore,I'm changing the title to "Love & Sprockets" 8X10 acrylic on canvas board.
I saved my most favorite one for last.A little background on why this one is special to me:Months ago,I met this crazy guy on a bike named Keith(though he wasn't on a bike when I met him).He was covered in dirt and mud from playing with bugs and snakes and hiking all day.He pretty much changed how I viewed art and life in general instantly.I've never met anyone like him before and I highly doubt I ever will.He lives a life that most of us don't have the guts to(including myself).I'm ridiculously proud to call him my friend.He's been there for me whenever I've needed some clarity,and although we rarely see eachother and get to hang out,I know when I need him he will be there.He's extremely talented himself and someday everyone needs to see his work.That being said,I painted this for him as a housewarming gift.He's robot obsessed as well and since he had liked one of my heart paintings,I thought the best thing to do would be to combine the 2 into one painting for him.So yeah...it's a heart...and it's kinda metal and has sprockets and stuff haha.Titled "Imperfect Perfection" acrylic on canvas block.
Aaaaaand scene!Enjoy xo

0 comments:
Post a Comment