CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 2, 2009

"thus hath the candle singed the moth"

I can never get enough Shakespeare hence the title.

Anyway,let's see...haven't posted in months and I totally forgot about this painting even though it's hanging at the top of my stairs and I see it tons all day long.I've always seemed to find myself drawn more to moths than the ever so popular butterfly,and I decided to paint one of my favorite moths.

Basically it's born for the sole purpose just to have sex and die.It doesn't eat because it has no mouth.

However don't get me wrong,it's one of my favorites and they are truly beautiful and fragile creatures.Luna moths often fall prey to bats, spiders, toads, owls and other birds.Sounds like a pretty terrifying life if you ask me.

I've babbled long enough here is the painting.Not the best photo.I LOVE the frame I picked up for this.acrylic on 5X7 canvas board.

0 comments: