CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just give me a chance and I'll try to forgive...

So it's a new year,and I actually do feel a lot different.I'm looking forward to the coming year and holding on to the people worth keeping in my life.It took me a bit to see who belongs close to me and who doesn't,but now that I have,I won't be blind again.Needless to say,if I'm talking to you this new year,you're one of those people.

Let's see...what have I been up to lately art wise anyway?I haven't painted anything new that I can think of except a sunset that I was told I painted for "therapy from being bitter".It's possible.My friend Shawnzi took an amazing photo of this sunset and it inspired me.Which is odd because I'm not a happy little tree landscape type person at all.My mind has been too far away to be able to focus on painting since October.



I've also done another faux taxidermy piece that I haven't given a name.I fell asleep watching Titanic one night and I wanted to make her a little Victorian,top hat and all.I used a real field mouse skull that I found in an owl pellet.This is for sale in my Etsy shop.


I started to dabble a bit in my REAL taxidermy experience by putting preserved pig hearts back together and finishing an unfinished display box for them.I've since given one as an xmas gift and just sold one in my Etsy shop this past week.It's proving to be really fun so far.And I'm excited to do more.


I've got some fun jewelry and hair clip ideas in my head that I hope to have up in the very near future.Other than that,I know what I need to be able to want to paint again,and I'm hoping that motivation comes back soon.Enjoy xo.

0 comments: